- Measures 14.5" Long x 2" Diameter
- Thermostatically controlled bird perch maintains ideal temperature range of 102-107°F
- Protect exotic birds from the harmful effects of air conditioning and cold drafts
- Thermostatically controlled to an optimum body temperature
- Made of sturdy scratch and bite resistant non-toxic plastic
- Uses harmless, 12-volt, low voltage electricity to heat the perch
- Safe, consistent source of warmth, stabilizes the bird's environment
- Reduces avian stress
- Attaches easily to wire cages
- Irregular shape reduces foot cramping and pressure sores
- Available in three sizes
- 1 year warranty
Caged birds require a warm, stable habitat and Thermo-Perch is the answer! The patented Thermo‐Perch helps protect your exotic birds from the harmful effects of air conditioning and cold drafts. Cold is a major contributor to health problems for exotic birds, and providing warmth is the first step that avian experts and veterinarians turn to.
Exotic birds have a body temperature that ranges between 104 - 106 degrees and the Thermo-Perch is thermostatically controlled to help them safely regulate their body temperature. The Thermo-Perch provides a gentle source of warmth that circulates through your bird's feet, unlike heat lamps that can get too hot, dry out feathers, and cause sleeping disorders due to constant light. The Thermo-Perch provides safe, therapeutic warmth only when your bird needs it!
This safe, consistent source of warmth stabilizes your bird's environment and contributes to your bird's overall health and helps reduce avian stress. Made of scratch and bite resistant nontoxic plastic, the Thermo-Perch attaches easily to wire cages. The cord is protected with steel wire and is positioned away from the cage. Properly used, the Thermo-Perch will provides years of comfort for your bird. Every exotic bird should have a Thermo-Perch!
The Thermo Perch is made of sturdy, scratch and bite resistant plastic. It attaches easily to wire cages, and its irregular shape reduces foot cramping and pressure sores. The cord is kept safely away from the bird on the outside of the cage and protected with steel wire.
How to set up Thermo-Perch
- Remove perch, cord, and transformer from package.
- Decide where to place perch. Place in upper third of the cage. Place perch adjacent to the highest perch, as most birds select the highest spot for sleep and safety. Do not place over food or water bowl. Do place where bird will be most comfortable.
- Unscrew retaining flange from the perch. Run the perch cord through the bars of the cage. Place the threaded end of the perch through the birdcage bars. While holding the perch in place, slide the retaining flange up the cord and screw the retaining flange onto the threads. Hand-tighten until the Thermo-Perch is firmly in place.
- Plug the AC adapter into an outlet and then plug the adapter cord into the perch. It can take up to an hour for the unit to reach its consistent temperature.
- Be patient and leave the perch alone. It may take some time for your bird to use the perch regularly. Some birds are wary of any new object in their cage. It may take a week or more for your bird to get used to having a new perch in his cage.
- The Thermo-Perch is thermostatically controlled to help birds safely regulate their body temperature. Your bird will position itself on the perch based on the amount of warmth he desires. The Thermo-Perch is not intended to be the only perch in the cage. Your bird will choose when he needs the warmth, and there should always be at least one other non-heated perch to use.
Use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe off the perch. Do not immerse in water. If you would like to use a disinfecting cleaner, lightly mist the perch with the cleaner and then wipe dry. Take care not to mist the area where the cord enters the perch.